There are so many smart reasons to buy ebooks in 2017 rather than paperback books. How we read books has been changing over the years since the advent of the computer and other gadgets. People are reading online text at an astonishing rate. One of my websites has over 17 million page views.
That’s 17 million pages of text that nobody would have read without computers because it wouldn’t have been accessible. It would have been on a notebook in the bottom of my closet.
50 Reasons to Forget Paperback Books
- You can password protect your ebooks, keeping them private for you! You don’t need to find a place to hide your romance or hardcore novels around the house!
- Ebooks save paper (trees, remember?!)
- Ebooks are weightless. Carry twenty-five ebooks with you on your USB stick or twenty-five paperback books in your backpack – up to you!
- Ebooks can be read using a reader, desktop, notebook, PDA, phone, your TV, or sometimes you can print them yourself – if you must.
- Apple and Windows operating systems have a text to voice feature that will read your eBook out loud for you.
- Ebooks enable authors to retain all rights for publishing and distribution, movie syndication, audio, etc. You don’t NEED any publisher.
- Ebooks are MUCH cheaper than paperbacks. $13 – 15 for paperbacks. More for hardcover. $1-6 for eBooks.
- Ebooks don’t burn as easily as paper.
- Ebooks can have more photos.
- Ebooks allow you save a copy easily on USB stick, memory stick, desktop, notebook, CD, DVD, floppy, phone memory, or camera memory!
- Vern Lovic ebooks are available in different formats for e-z reading: Kindle, Nook, PDF, Palm, Word, Text, Windows Mobile, Microsoft Reader.
- Vern Lovic ebooks can be bought in groups of chapters. If you don’t know if you want to buy the whole ebook – just buy the first quarter or half of the ebook… read it. Decide, is it worth purchasing the next half? Note -this was something I never implemented – but it’s entirely possible.
- Vern Lovic ebooks are available in different reading formats to make it easier on your eyes. Paperback books are in one font in one format, like it or not. We give you many fonts and text formatting options to choose from with our eBooks.
- Ebooks have places authors can advertise other books, websites, email and other contact info. Text or photos – even link to videos or other multimedia.
- Better for traveling, carrying.
- Most eBook readers have convenient electronic bookmarks you can set to return to your place easily.
- Ebook text is searchable. LOVE THIS.
- Ebooks are downloaded online, not sent in trucks and planes through the mail system. You’re not paying for someone to bring it to you. Carbon footprint – virtually nil.
- Ebooks are available immediately after you buy – no waiting for a paperback in the mail. It’s like you were in a store and bought it and get it instantly.
- Try before you buy: You can read a sample of most books online before you buy. Maybe even more than you could if you were standing in a bookstore and staff was watching you – angry you’re reading and not buying!
- Ebooks don’t wear out – they don’t lose pages, the ink doesn’t fade or copy itself to other pages.
- Ebooks are rarely stolen!
- They scale. One digital eBook can be distributed to one million readers and save 300,000,000 paper pages and lots of gasoline and harmful manufacturing.
- Ebooks allow the author to control the sales side of the ebook. Everything is fully trackable and editable and gives up to the minute sales information.
- Sales are easily tested because the author is in control. This results in better targeting and savings to consumers.
- In the next ten years ebooks will outnumber paperback books. If you haven’t switched yet, at least try one soon. Find some digital authors you like. Digital is better because it is the future. Paper is obviously – not.
- Frequent customers of an author’s ebooks can easily be given incentives for purchasing new ebooks. Discounts are easily applied.
- Many ebook reading software programs to use with your computer are absolutely free. Fonts are exceptionally easy to read.
- Digital eBooks are enabling many more people to author a book. The variety of books coming out is mind-boggling. Readers have more options.
- Reading a digital book on computer, PDA, or other electronic reader can reduce eyestrain over reading traditional books for which ambient light is not adequate enough. You have full control over the brightness of your screen and how far you sit from the screen as you read an eBook. If you want to sit further back, you can increase the font size (zoom).
- Reduce strain on your hands when you read digital vooks versus traditional paperback books. Holding a strongly bound paperback book open as you read for twelve-hours puts strain on your hand muscles. Especially if you have carpal tunnel syndrome, this is one area that computers will HELP those with carpal tunnel!
- If you fall asleep while reading your computer or reader it will stop at the page you fell asleep at. A paperback book will close and the page lost forever!
- Ebooks are universal. You can buy an ebook online from: Laos, Cambodia, China, El Salvador, Bolivia, Guadalupe, Kauai, Tonga, Switzerland, Iceland, or Kyrgystan and be reading it in minutes.
- Ebooks are truly portable. You can take our e-books to almost any computer in the world running Windows, Linux, or Macintosh and read your e-book.
- Ebooks never smell.
- Ebooks don’t fall apart. If you ruin your e-book (it gets corrupt) Amazon will send you another copy for free. Would a paperback publisher do that?
- Ebooks let authors be more creative as we don’t need to conform to a publisher’s wishes, we choose our own style.
- Ebooks provide authors with more options to add photos, video clips, Google maps, audio tracks, and other content directly into the book. We’re going to experiment with this a lot in the future here at VernLovic.com.
- Ebooks are so much more easily distributed than paper books. Paper books waste gasoline, pollute the environment, necessitate paper mills and chemical processing. Ebooks use pluses and minuses sent over wires and through the air.
- Ebook pages don’t stick together. Ever.
- Ebooks make reading more fun for kids. They’ll enjoy reading, while ‘playing’ with the tablet computer.
- Paying for eBooks online at PayPal with your credit card and having all information encrypted is MUCH safer for you as a consumer than handing your credit card to a stranger at a bookstore making minimum wage to ring it up.
- EBooks are damn near invisible. They take up so little physical space that you’ll never need to consider – do I have enough room for it? You have! You’ll also never likely visibly SEE a physical ebook in your entire life. What you see in your reader is an interpretation of the physical product that makes a lot more sense to us than would hundreds of thousands of pluses and minuses!
- You can’t hit your dog or throw an eBook at it!
- Ebooks don’t collect dust.
- Ebooks are more current. Changes can be made and go live within minutes. With paperback books? MONTHS or YEARS!
- Ebooks are constantly changing. There will be many new developments in the digital realm over the next couple years. Paperbacks will just get deader.
- Ebooks are instant gifts. Ebooks bought online can be sent to any email address you choose.
- Ebooks are inspirational. They are so easy to create they might inspire you to become an author.
- Ebooks are convenient, they fly magically through the air to wherever you are.
- Here’s one of my books you would never have access to, had ebooks never happened… >
Can you think of any more reasons eBooks are better than traditional paper-bound books?
TECH GEAR I USE and RECOMMEND 100%:
✅ my NOTEBOOK computer
✅ my iPAD + KEYBOARD
✅ my CAMERA
✅ my fav. MACRO Lens
✅ my fav. LANDSCAPE Lens
✅ my fav. HEADLAMP
✅ my fav. affordable HEADLAMP
✅ my fav. camera FLASH
✅ my fav. LAVALIER Mic
✅ my MOBILE Phone